No Weight Loss After Exercise? Check Out 5 Reasons
Updated: Mar 20, 2022
Even though I exercise, I haven’t lost any weight. Where am I going wrong?
1. Are you working out too hard or not hard enough? Honesty is the best policy. Are you pushing yourself enough? We urge people to make themselves to their maximum every three times during one workout cycle.
2. Lack of sleep? Does it feel like you wake up feeling sleep deprived or groggy and tired? Weight loss is largely dependent on sleep, especially as we age. Your body needs to get enough rest to recover muscles and digest food properly, and it can even help you consume less food during the day. When given a choice, we tell our clients to choose to get enough sleep over exercising.
3. What’s wrong with your diet? Losing weight is largely dependent on your diet. Bad diets cannot be overcome by exercise. Do you eat enough fruits and vegetables? Do you find yourself constantly craving sweets and fattening foods? In case you know that your diet needs some attention, this is where you should put your efforts. To combat cravings and boost your metabolism, eat protein every few hours to stabilize your blood sugar levels. Green vegetables, like spinach and kale, and healthy fats, like nuts, seeds, and olive oil, can help reduce inflammation and encourage fat loss, which can help you achieve your weight-loss goals.
4. Are you stressed out? The stress hormone cortisol can cause the body to store fat, particularly around the midsection, when cortisol levels are high. When it comes to losing weight, stress-reduction habits, such as meditation, stretching breaks, walks around the neighborhood, and short breathing exercises can help lower cortisol levels.
5. Are you taking any medications? Ensure that no medications you are taking could be hindering your weight loss by consulting your doctor. Get your bloodwork done annually to ensure your vitamin B and D levels, along with your thyroid levels and other markers, are in the normal range. Weight loss is often related to nutrient deficiencies and medical conditions. You can get an idea of your overall health by scheduling a complete checkup with your doctor.
No Weight Loss After Exercise? If you are struggling to achieve desired weight loss even after enough exercise, we are here to help you. We make a weight loss plan best suited to your lifestyle. We offer 12 weeks weight loss and fitness program that includes a healthy diet plan, online fitness plan, and a physio fitness trainer. Our clients lose 12 kg to 14 kg weight in this program. Check out our happy clients here. Contact Us Now.